Registering With SAS

Students sitting outside Congreve Hall

The first step in the accommodations process is to register with SAS. Student registration happens through Clockwork, a system you will use throughout the interactive accommodations process, as well as to send your accommodation letters to faculty.


Requesting Accommodations

1. Register with SAS
Step one lets SAS know that you would like to request accommodations and provides us with more information on what you are requesting. This occurs through a program called Clockwork, which is a program you will also use to send your accommodation letters.

Please note that when you register you will be required to talk about your condition, as well as the accommodations you are requesting and why. This will not be the only opportunity you have to share information with SAS (you will also submit documentation and meet with SAS), but we encourage you to share as much as you feel is relevant to your accommodation request.

2. Submit documentation
Part of the accommodations process is the submission of documentation. Documentation comes from a licensed provider and gives SAS more information on your disability, as well as your functional needs. Please note that the processes for documentation are different for housing-only requests.

3. Schedule to meet with SAS
Once you have completed the registration and submitted documentation, you will contact SAS to make an appointment. In that appointment, we will talk with you about your condition, your request, and about the possible options. Accommodations may be approved at this time, but often the approvals occur after the meeting.



Student requests for accommodation and documentation are considered confidential. At times, it may be necessary for SAS to discuss the nature of accommodations—but not the nature of the impairment/disability—with student service providers, such as Instructors/Professors, CFAR, Coaches, Staff Members, etc. This discussion is necessary to ensure the effective implementation of accommodations.

As well, the university may be required to release such information for medical emergencies, legal proceedings or otherwise to comply with state or federal laws. The same standard of confidentiality will also apply to student complaints regarding accommodations.