The University will establish housing fees yearly and will announce these proposed fees for each academic year at the time of housing sign-up. Fees are considered proposed until approval is granted by the University Board of Trustees. Upon nonpayment of fees or any charges herein provided, the University may refuse to register the student for the next semester, issue grade reports of work done, or allow the student to be graduated. Semester payment is due when indicated on the bill or prior to occupancy, whichever is earlier. Graduation, official withdrawal from the University, academic suspension from the University, or mutual consent of the parties constitutes the only basis for release from this agreement.
1. Deposit. Newly-admitted students offered housing must pay a housing deposit. The housing deposit will be applied against the semester housing fee.
2. Cancellation of Agreement. All requests for release from the agreement must be submitted via the online Housing Cancellation Request form with documented proof of the circumstances related to the release request. If these circumstances change after the Student is released from the Room and Board Agreement, the release will become invalid and Student will again be obligated to the terms of the Room and Board Agreement. Approved releases are subject to the Cancellation Charge Schedule below. A student will be released from this Agreement with no charges when proof of one of the following circumstances is submitted to Housing:
b. Involvement in University-sponsored academic programs such as student teaching, study abroad, or internship, that make it impossible for the Student to commute from the campus
3. Cancellation Charge Schedule. Approved Agreement cancellations are subject to the following charges.
|Academic Year Student
|If Approved Student
|By June 1
By July 1
By August 15
By first week of fall classes
By 30 days into fall semester
After 30 days into fall semester
25% of fall semester housing fee
50% of fall semester housing fee
100% of fall semester housing fee
|Semester II Only
Student Request Cancellation:
|By January 1
By first week of spring classes
By 30 days into spring semester
After 30 days into spring semester
25% of spring semester housing fee
50% of spring semester housing fee
100% of spring semester housing fee
a. Subsequent to occupancy, no release from this Agreement or refund can be considered unless the assigned room or apartment is left clean and all sign-out procedures including return of keys and settlement of obligations are completed. In such cases when release is granted, the effective date of release will be determined by the date of such completion.
b If the Agreement is canceled, any amount due a student will first be applied to said student’s current University charge.
c. Residents evicted or suspended for reasons of conduct will be financially responsible for that semester’s rent.
d. Students who check in or move into a hall or apartment and subsequently move out without consent of the Department of Housing, and do not withdraw from the University, are charged the full housing fee.
e. Residents who are evicted at the end of Semester I due to willful non-completion/non-compliance of alternative sanctions will be financially responsible for Semester II rent.
f. Residents evicted or suspended for reasons of conduct after the published Semester II move-in date will be financially responsible for that semester’s rent.
4. Spring Semester Cancellation. Requests for early cancellation of this Agreement at the end of Semester I can be considered only if received via the Cancellation Request form by the Dept. of Housing by the 2nd Friday in November. Semester I students who have NOT been granted early Cancellation of the Room and Board Agreement for Semester II will be charged the full Semester II housing fee. Any and all portions of the release charge schedule do not apply to such students.
5. Summer term Release Charge Schedule.
|Written Notification of Petition for Release||If Released Student financial Resposibility|
|Prior to start of agreement (summer contract dates vary)||$0|
|Within the first 7 days of residence||50% of the Agreement amount|
|After the first 7 days of residence||100% of the Agreement amount|
a. Failure to occupy the assigned room is subject to 50% of the agreement amount.