Examples of Selected Successful Social Ventures for Inspiration
With sincere thanks to Hummingbird Pictures LLC and Holly Mosher, Director and Producer, Bonsai People.
- Grameen Kalyan – Healthcare
- Grameen Shikkha – Education
- Grameen Check – Employment
- Grameen Shakti – Alternative Energy
- Grameen Green Children Eye Hospital - Healthcare
- Grameen Communications - Information Technology
- Grameen Danone Foods - Nutrition
- ROC USA – Affordable Housing
- CE Solutions – MicroConsignment
- ARZU Studio Hope - Women's Empowerment
- Need inspiration? Click here to view archived streaming video from the Pathway to the Challenge event with Gary Hirshberg and Sally Sampson on 10/28/14
Resources to Help Guide the Creation of Your Video Entry
For All Competitors
Although the services of the Parker Media Lab at UNH (PML) are available only to UNH students, they have a number of web-based resources to help any competitor in the Social Business Innovation Challenge with your video submission. In particular, we recommend the “Guides” section of the website:
- Recording Tips: http://parkerlab.unh.edu/recording_tips.html
- Free Resources: http://parkerlab.unh.edu/free_resources.html
- Survival Guide: http://parkerlab.unh.edu/survival_guide.html
- What Are Intellectual Assets: http://parkerlab.unh.edu/intellectual_assets.html
- Click here to view archived streaming video from the Video Production Workshop offered to SVIC contestants by UNH’s Parker Media Lab on 11/04/14.
- Please note: Since the date of this recording, responsibility for circulating Parker Media Lab equipment has changed. You must have an active UNH account (ITID) in order to check out equipment.
For UNH students only:
For registered UNH students, the Parker Media Lab (PML) supports students and faculty in production of rich media. Staff of the PML have the expertise to guide you through the project and the PML also provides you with all the guides and equipment to help you plan, shoot and edit your media assignment. Find out more online at http://parkerlab.unh.edu or stop in.