Thank you to those who were able to attend our 2016 NH Social Venture Innovation Challenge, Finals, Keynote and Awards Ceremony.
Please check back in the Fall of 2017 to learn more about our 2017 NH Social Venture Innovation Challenge!
Thursday, December 1, 2016
8:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
We welcome you to the concluding day of the fourth annual New Hampshire Social Venture Innovation Challenge: a day of inspiration, information, networking, and celebration of New Hampshire’s student and community social entrepreneurs!
This initiative of the University of New Hampshire has been organized by the Center of Social Innovation and Enterprise in conjunction with the Carsey School of Public Policy, NH EPSCoR, Net Impact UNH, Peter T. Paul College of Business & Economics, The Sustainability Institute, and UNHInnovation.
More to Explore
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 A.M. | Coffee and Registration
Social Venture Innovation Challenge - Registration (Holloway Commons, First Floor)
8:30 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. | Welcome and Opening Ceremony
Social Venture Innovation Challenge - Final Round, Welcome and Opening Ceremony (Holloway Commons, First Floor)
9:00 A.M. TO 11:00 A.M. | Final Round Presentations
From a large pool of competitors, the eight finalists in each of the community and student tracks will present their ideas and answer questions from a distinguished panel of judges.
- Student Track Finalists (Holloway Commons, Squamscott Room)
- Community Track Finalists Track (Holloway Commons, Pisquatqua Room)
11:30 A.M. to 12:45 P.M. | Keynote and Awards
Keynote Dialogue & Award Ceremony (Memorial Union Building, Strafford Room):
This year’s Social Innovator of the Year Award will be presented to Pax World Management LLC President and CEO, Joe Keefe, an international champion of sustainable investing and women’s empowerment. His keynote dialogue will be with Deborah Merrill-Sands, Dean of the Peter T. Paul College of Business & Economics, on “The Role of the Financial Markets in Achieving Gender Equality and Economic Growth.”
Keynote Dialogue Community Partner:
Keynote Dialogue Campus Partners:
- Atkins Investment Group
- Center for International Education and Global Engagement (CIEGE)
- Community, Equity and Diversity (CED)
- Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority (DXP)
- Diversity Support Coalition (DSC)
- Entrepreneurship Club (UNH ICE)
- Memorial Union Student Organization (MUSO)
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (OMSA)
- Oxfam America
- Panhellenic Council
- President’s Commission on the Status of Women
- President’s Commission on the Status of LGBTQ People
- President’s Commission on the Status of People with Disabilities
- Social Justice Leadership Project
- Women in Business
- Women in Science
- Women’s Studies Program
The event will conclude with the exciting announcement of the winners of the 2016 New Hampshire Social Venture Innovation Challenge and the awarding of the prizes!