|Monday, May 6, 2019||Registration Opens|
|Friday, September 27, 2019||Prep Your Entry Workshop #1 - get help refining your idea from experts!
|Friday, October 18, 2019||Prep Your Entry Workshop #2
|Monday, October 28, 2019
9:00 a.m. EST
|Deadline to submit materials|
|Tuesday, November 12, 2019||Announcement of finalists (eight per track)|
|November 18 - November 20, 2019||Presentation coaching available for finalists|
|Thursday, November 21, 2019||SVIC LIVE Final Round, Keynote Address & Social Innovator of the Year Award|
|Friday, December 6, 2019||Reflection/Next Steps Workshop #3|
Eligibility & Rules
The SVIC invites individuals or teams (up to 5 members) from across the state of New Hampshire to identify pressing social and/or environmental issues at the state, national or global level, and then find an innovative business-oriented approach to solving them.
Entrants can enter the competition in one of two Tracks:
1. Student Track
Open to any current full-time or part-time matriculated student (undergraduate or graduate level) enrolled in a
New Hampshire university or college.
2. Community Track
Open to any current resident of the state of New Hampshire
and any UNH alumni living anywhere in the world.
Rules & Terms
All entries must:
1. be in one of the following stages of development:
- a new initiative/idea
- an existing early-stage social venture (less than one year old)
- a major new social entrepreneurial initiative for an established venture
2. meet the criteria of a "social venture":
- an innovative solution to a defined social or environmental problem facing New Hampshire, the region, the nation, or the world.
- aim to be market-based and aspire to be as fully financially self-sustaining as possible through earned revenues and profits, decreasing the reliance on grants or donations
- harness the best of market-based approaches, but have a primarily social, rather than financial, objective.
In order to compete in the Social Venture Innovation Challenge, teams must agree to the following rules:
Complete the online registration form.
- Submit all entry materials by Monday, October 28, 2019, 9:00 a.m. EST.
- If selected to advance to the Final Round, teams must commit to participate in person to present to our panel of judges in the Final Round on Thursday, November 21, 2019 on the UNH Durham campus.
- Certify that you own, or have the owner's permission to use/present, all intellectual property utilized in your entry materials, including any technology.
Agree to allow all submission materials, team members' names, description of your entry, photos of your team and video footage of your presentation from the Final Rounds to be used on the Social Venture Innovation Challenge website and in future publicity, including social media.
- Agree to abide by UNH/USNH IT and Acceptable Use Policies.
For winners, the cash prize amount will be divided equally to each team member listed on your registration form, unless written permission is provided by each team member for an alternative distribution of funds.
How it works
NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR 2019!
Contestants must first register to compete by submitting the "Intent to Apply" form. This is an “intent to compete only" step. It does not obligate you in any way to submit a final entry, and will allow you to receive important updates, invitations to participant-only Pathway to the Challenge events and helpful resources to guide your entry.
IMPORTANT! Please note: Once your Intent to Apply form is complete, you will be sent an email with a link to the next step in the application process: the Submission Application (check your "spam/junk/other" folders if you do not see it in your inbox). Please make note of and save this link - this is a custom link for your final submission.