Judging will take place in two rounds:
- The Preliminary Round of judging will take place online, November 13–21, 2017 by an impressive panel of judges.
- Eight finalists in each track will be notified by email on November 22, 2017. Finalists will be offered optional presentation coaching November 27- December 1, 2017 to help them prepare for their Final Round presentation.
- The Final Round will take place at UNH on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 with an illustrious judging panel of social venture experts.
Submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria, each of equal weight:
- Identification of Social or Environmental Problem
- Originality and Uniqueness of the Proposed Social Venture Innovation
- Social/Environmental Impact Potential
- Business Model/Financial Sustainability
- Presentation Quality
Click HERE to view the scoring rubric.
Preliminary Round (online)
- After teams have uploaded their entries to the competition website, the Preliminary Round (online) will be judged by a distinguished panel of social entrepreneurs and experts from across the state and the nation. Judges will review and score each entry, both the video and the written summary.
- A total of eight (8) teams from each track will advance to the Final Round.
Final Round (Durham, NH)
- Eight (8) teams from each track will present their entries, in person, in the Final Round.
- A maximum of two (2) representatives from each finalist team are allowed to present, although other team members are encouraged and invited to be present in the audience.
The two team members representing each finalist team are required to arrive at the competition venue by the appointed time for check-in, presentation practice and important AV briefings.
- The two members representing each finalist team are also required to be in the audience for the entirety of the Final Round and for the Keynote Address and Award Presentation.
- Each team will have a total of five (5) minutes to introduce their team members and play their video in front of a panel of Final Round Judges.
- The Final Round judges will have five (5) minutes for Q&A with each team following their presentation.
Members of the public are encouraged and invited to attend all presentations, but only the panel of judges will be permitted to ask questions of the presenting teams. Other student teams are also not permitted to ask questions.
- To avoid distractions to presenting teams, audience members will only be allowed to enter and exit during breaks between presentations.