Research is one of the Social Sector Franchise Initiative's central activities. We carry out research through the Living Case Study process which is an output of the Social Sector Franchise Accelerator. UNH Faculty and SSFI Advisory Board members also conduct research on social sector franchising. Here is a listing of our current research titles.
|Carsey Perspectives: Meeting Farmers Where They Are
Ilona Drew, Abraham DeMaio, William Maddocks and Fiona Wilson
December 20, 2017
|Carsey Perspectives: Local Owners Driving Lasting Solutions
Ilona Drew, Fiona Wilson and William Maddocks
December 21, 2017
|Social Entrepreneurship and Franchising: A Panacea for Emerging Countries?
Management and Governance of Networks: Franchising, Cooperatives and Strategic Alliances.
Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism: A Global Perspective
Hachemi Aliouche and U. Schlentrich
Presentations at research conferences:
- “Enhancing Food Security through Social Sector Franchising: Lessons from the Field”, SEEP Network Annual Meeting, Arlington, VA (USA), September 2016
- “ Sustainable Food Systems, Livelihoods, and Healthier Communities through Social Franchising”; SEEP Network Annual Meeting, Arlington, VA (USA), October 2017
- “Social Franchising in Emerging Markets” International Workshop on Franchising & Distribution Networks in Emerging Countries (FDNEC), University de Lyon, St Etienne (France), May 2016.
- “Social Franchising: A Panacea for Emerging Countries? The Case of Algeria”, Annual Conference of Economics and Management of Networks, Cape Town (South Africa), December 2015
- “Panel Session on Social Franchising” International Workshop on Franchising, Retail & Service Chains, Universite de Rennes 1 (France), June 2014
- “Social Franchising”, Universite Aix-Marseille, Aix-en-Provence (France), May 2014
- Wilson, F., Aliouche, H., & Maddocks, W. (2013) Social Franchising: The mechanism for giving freedom to powerful social entrepreneurial ideas? Annual Research Conference on Social Entrepreneurship, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Aliouche EH., Bonet Fernandez D. “The Franchise Model: How to Accelerate Circular Economy Implementation in the Recycling Sector” - To be presented at the Annual Conference of the International Society of Franchising (Quito, Ecuador, June 2018)
- Aliouche EH, Bonet Fernandez D., Guechtouli M., Guechtouli W. “Letting Go of the Oil Addiction : Oil, Entrepreneurship and Franchising in Algeria” – To be presented at the International Research Meeting in Business and Management (Nice, France, July 2018)