Students may apply to participate in their sophomore, junior, or senior year, with a declared major and 2.5 cumulative UNH GPA or higher**, with priority given to students with above 3.0. Students may apply during their first year, as long as they have completed at least 32 credits prior to participation, with at least 12 of these credits earned at UNH at the baccalaureate level.
* As of Fall 2017, COLA Undeclared students may particpate in Semester in the City before they declare a major.
**NEW ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS: 2-year pilot program, effective Spring 2019:
- Students with a GPA between 2.0-2.5 are eligible to be considered by Semester in the City by petition.
- Students may be undeclared and must have at least 12 earned UNH credits at time of study away.
- Please complete a UNH Study Away Student Eligibility Form, to confirm that you are in good academic, financial, and judicial standing, and that you will represent UNH in a positive light. Fill out the top portion of the form and drop it off at the Dean's Office for your College.
- International Students must get authorization from the Office of International Students & Scholars to participate in Semester in the City.