The UNH team’s deep knowledge of the intricacies of the assessment, their insights, excellent project management, and communication skills were invaluable in helping us navigate this process."
Meghan Seidman, Sr. Director of Strategic Initiatives, Koya Leadernship Partners
What is the B Impact Clinic?
Small teams of motivated, cross-discipline, UNH students serve as consultants for local NH businesses seeking to elevate their social and environmental impact and help them complete the B Impact Assessment (BIA) to understand performance on a full range of sustainability dimensions, including workers, customers, community, environment, and governance. Companies can also use the tool to pursue B Corp Certification.
Why the B Impact Clinic?
90% of Americans say that companies must not only say a product or service is beneficial, but they need to prove it.
- Improve Impact
- Attract Talent
- Amplify Reputation
- Build Relationships
- Protect Mission
- Lead a Movement:
2,700+ Certified B Corps in 60 countries across 150 industries with 1 unifying goal
The B Impact Assessment...
is an excellent tool that helps bring clarity and focus to a company’s commitment to positive impact. It helps businesses quantify their social and environmental footprint and helps create a roadmap for how to deepen positive impact over time. Ultimately it helps companies integrate profits and purpose.
Michelle Veasey, Executive Director, NH Businesses for Social Responsibility
- Identify a single point person within your company to serve as a primary contact with the student team and commit at least 1 hour per week to the B Impact Clinic
- This person must commit to weekly video calls with their student consultants. Ideally this would be done on Wednesdays from 5:10-6:00 (as this is when the Clinic meets) but timing can be flexible
- Company’s must complete the B Impact Assessment prior to the program start. While not every question has to be answered with 100% certainty, an initial pass through of all the questions you are able to answer is an invaluable time saver. This will allow for the students to dive into helping you with the intricacies of the assessment as well as documentation and suggested improvements as soon as possible.
- In order to participate fully, company participants are expected to have a representative participate in person or virtually to each of the semester’s three key events:
- Company Kick-off (in which clients present their businesses and goals for the semester to the student consultants)
- Mid-semester meeting (a chance to meet in person with your student consultants to reflect on the progress you’ve made and plan for the final few weeks)
- Final Presentations
Reach out to Dr. Fiona Wilson to learn more and to discuss applying for Spring 2020.