SHARPP provides services to victims/survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking regardless of gender, age, health status (including HIV-positive), physical, mental, emotional ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, socio-economic status, race national origin, immigration status, or religious or political affiliation.
When working with a SHARPP advocate:
- You have to right to culturally competent services that respect you and your personal values and opinions;
- You have the right to make your own decisions within the rules and policies of SHARPP;
- You have the right to know and understand all of the rules and policies of SHARPP by which you must abide;
- You have to right to respectful treatment of confidential information. All information and records pertaining to you will be kept confidential in accordance with NH RSA 173-C;
- You have the right to access to your individual records;
- You have the right to give input and feedback on any or all aspects of SHARPP’s Programs and services. You have a right to a response to your input and feedback.
SHARPP Grievance Procedure
If you have complaints concerning SHARPP services, you may:
- Discuss your concerns with the advocate or staff member with whom you have been working;
- If you are dissatisfied with the response or would prefer not to speak with the person directly, you may request a meeting with SHARPP’s Director, Amy Culp (Amy.Culp@unh.edu).
- If you are uncomfortable approaching the Director of SHARPP or you are not satisfied with the outcome of this meeting, you may request a meeting with the Senior Vice Provost for Student Life and Dean of Students, Ted Kirkpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Associate Provost can assist you with preparing a written complaint to be sent to the Director of SHARPP.
- If the nature of the complaint is illegal behavior, you have the right to file a police report or take civil action.
SHARPP welcomes feedback from everyone in our UNH community. If you have thoughts on services SHARPP could offer, things you'd like to see us do, if you had a great experience working with our staff or volunteers, or something you'd like us to know, we'd love to hear it! Head over to our feedback form and you can leave feedback with your information or anonymously.