If you or someone you care about have experienced sexual assault, relationship abuse, sexual harassment or stalking either recently or in the past, you may be feeling overwhelmed and confused about what to do and where to go for help. SHARPP is available 24/7 to listen without judgment and to offer information, options, resources and emotional support.
If you or a friend is in imminent danger of being hurt, the most important thing to do is to is call 911.
Anyone in the UNH community can get help at SHARPP in a variety of ways including:
- Visiting our office at Wolff House (located next to Health and Wellness) during business hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. No appointment is needed. Walk in at a time that is convenient for you and an advocate will be made available. Please Note: COVID has changed walk-in office hours to 10-4pm M-F
SHARPP's office will be closed from 11/23 until 2/1/2021. All services will continue to be offered remotely.
- Calling our 24/7 helpline at (603) 862-7233
- Text with an advocate Monday-Friday 9am-4pm at (603) 606-9393
- Chat with an advocate Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
- Using our Ask an Advocate online service.
Many of our clients are already connected to resources on campus, such as UNH Psychological and Counseling Services and Health & Wellness. These providers may advise and encourage you to seek assistance at SHARPP, and may even accompany you here. Additionally, when you make a police report or seek medical attention after an assault, the responders (police, ambulance, etc.) should be offering our services to you. It is your choice whether or not to use the services SHARPP offers.
You do not need to be in crisis to call SHARPP. We can assist you if you are wondering about something in your relationship, unsure how to support a friend, or just want to talk about a recent or past experience. Never feel that an issue is too big or too small for SHARPP to handle. We are here to listen and provide you support, in whatever way we can.