The vario PYRO cube combines a pyrolysis analyzer (up to 1,500 °C) with a fully functional elemental analyzer for carbon, nitrogen, and/or sulfur determination with combustion and reduction tubes. Examples of sample types analyzed include soils & sediments, organic materials, chemicals, and food & beverages.
The vario PYRO cube can be operated in OH or CNS mode making it possible for the isotope ratio analysis of C, N, S, O and H. The cube has advanced purge and trap (APT) technology for exceptional separation of combustion gases resulting in reliable data acquisition. The APT technology makes it possible for dynamic measurement ranges; samples from the low microgram to the two-digit milligram maintain high data quality.
Year of Manuf:
Location: Morse Room 345
- OH and CNS isotope ratio analysis all in one universal instrument
- The only instrument for blank-free δ18O analysis
- A patented backflushing technique in pyrolysis mode that completely separates contaminant N2 from CO prior to analysis
- Two compartment pyrolysis reactor for highest accuracy and extended long lifetime
- Patented ball valve for blank-free sample transfer
- 120-position sample carousel that can be added to in real time, as well as being temperature-controlled to reduce water vapor contamination
Principal Scientist: Andrew Ouimette
The Knowledge Base contains forms, instruction and training material, minutes, policies, tools and other resources to support your research efforts by topic area.
- UIC: Online Instrument Reservation
- UIC: Training Request Form
- UIC: Sample Submission Form
Morse Hall Rm 345,
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: (603) 862-0847
Email: Andrew Ouimette