The KLA iMicro Nanoindenter is designed for nanoscale indentation hardness testing on a variety of materials including soft polymers, thin films and hard coatings. The optional NanoBlitz 3D feature provides material hardness, modulus and stiffness property maps.
|Year of manufacture:||2021|
|Location:||Parsons Room W118|
- InForce 1000 actuator for capacitance displacement measurement and electromagnetic force actuation with interchangeable tips
- High-speed electronics with 100kHz data acquisition rate and 20µs time constant
- Automated XY motion system with 2 position magnetic puck sample holder
- High stiffness gantry with integrated vibration isolation
- Integrated microscope with digital zoom for precise indentation targeting
- InView software package with RunTest, ReviewData, InFocus reporting
- NanoBlitz 3D generates 3D maps of nanomechanical properties by performing up 100,000 indents (300×300 array) at < 1s per indent, and provides Young’s modulus (E), hardness (H), and stiffness (S) values at a specified load for each indent in the array.
- Tips available for use include Berkovich and Vickers
The Knowledge Base contains forms, instruction and training material, minutes, policies, tools and other resources to support your research efforts by topic area.
- UIC: Online Instrument Reservation
- UIC: Training Request Form
- UIC: SKYD-1252-2 NanoBlitz Operating Instructions R2
- UIC: OBID-1276-1 iMicro Manual R2
Parsons Hall Rm W123D
Durham, NH 03824
Non-UNH Academic Rate: