The UNH Office of Outreach and Engagement is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis as the safety of our students, event participants and staff remain our overriding priority. Outreach and Engagement has adopted a plan for phased resumption of programs with the intent of significantly reducing the potential spread of COVID-19 within our community.
We sincerely appreciate staff’s attention to COVID-19 protocols. As changes in protocols become necessary, more communications of this nature will occur. Please contact Amy Ouellette, member of the COVID-19 Outreach Task Force with questions about the program approval process, personal protective equipment or health screening.
Status of Outreach and Engagement Operations
Beginning July 13, we are operating in a modified version of Phase 3 in the Plan for Phased Resumption of Programs. The enrollment limit of 10 individuals for outdoor programs has been increased to 25 participants. Activities must still meet the "essential" requirements. Individuals must use face coverings, maintain 6 ft social distancing, may not share tools, equipment, or materials, and adequate hand sanitizer and/or hand washing stations must be available to program participants. Health screening and all other guidelines must be followed.
Any plans for in-person programs must be approved by the Outreach and Engagement Office. Proposals are submitted through the UNH Extension, Outreach and Engagement Activity Request Form. Any programs with minor participants should use the UNH Youth Program Approval Request Form.
UNH will not provide face coverings to volunteers or program participants. Volunteers and registered program participants should be told to bring their own face coverings to program activities. Staff should consult their department administration about purchasing disposable face masks for participants who do not bring their own to events.
A simple health screening will be completed by program participants on the day of each event. Health screening data will be valuable should contract tracing be required in the event of a positive case of COVID-19. More details regarding the health screening will be forthcoming.
Message from the Outreach and Engagement COVID-19 Task Force:
As promised in the message sent 6/13/20, by the COVID-19 Outreach Task Force, we are providing more detail regarding the newly developed health screening protocols in place to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 within our community.
Again, we sincerely appreciate staff’s attention to COVID-19 protocols. Please contact Amy Ouellette, member of the COVID-19 Outreach Task Force with questions about the program approval process, personal protective equipment or health screening.
Health Screening for Participants
A simple health screening will be completed by program participants each day they are attending a UNH event. Health screening data is important and valuable should contact tracing be required in the event of a positive case of COVID-19.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure, participants must:
- Complete a mandatory health screening questionnaire
- Wear cloth or disposable face coverings. UNH will not provide face coverings to participants
- Maintain physical distancing of a minimum of six feet between participants
- Do not share equipment, devices, or other supplies
- Maintain hygiene practices
- The participant health screening is a Qualtrics Survey.
- The assessment must be completed each day a participant is attending a UNH event.
- If all health protocols are met, the participant receives a green check upon completion. The green check must be presented at point of entry. We recommend they complete the screening on a mobile phone and save a screenshot or photo to present upon arriving at the event/program.
- Paper health screening forms are available for those who cannot use an electronic device. Information from paper forms will need to be entered into the Qualtrics survey by a staff member.
- An email template is provided for program/event staff to use when sending the anonymous link.
All staff/faculty with approved activities will need to complete the COVID-19 Safety training module.
For UNH Users
Log in with your UNH Account. The training is available at the link below or under 'Training' on your dashboard.
For NON-UNH Users
- Select the link below.
- Under "Non-UNH employee/Student. click "Create Account"
- During account creation:
- for "User Status" choose "hourly emlployee"
- select your Supervisor
- Once the account is created, click the link below and log into the CEMS portal, still using the "Non-UNH Employee/Student" fields
- Once logged in, you will be taken directly to the COVID19 Training Module
- Click the "start online training" button to launch the training
- Export the certificate of completion and send to your supervisor