Printing Services prints theses and dissertations for submission to committees and the graduate school.
Final copies are printed on 8-1/2" x 11" Strathmore, bright white, 24 lb., 25 percent cotton paper. For draft versions, we recommend Aspen-100 20# multipurpose paper which is long-term stable, made from 100 percent sustainable fiber and is FSC certified, elemental chlorine free.
Our digital copies meet the graduate school’s letter quality criteria.
Tips For Submitting A Thesis Or Dissertation For Printing
- Format your document for 8-1/2" x 11" paper.
- Unlink any live URLs or email addresses and/or convert to black text to avoid printing in in color, which costs more.
- Convert your electronic file to a press-quality PDF to embed fonts and preserve graphics at a print-quality resolution.
- List any pages you want printed in color.
- Visit the online ordering page to place an order, request an estimate or for additional information.
A single-sided, 150-page thesis, black only, on Aspen 100 20# from a PDF file, is approximately $15; 25 percent cotton content paper increases the cost to approximately $30.
A color single-sided, 150-page thesis on 28# color copy bond from a PDF file is $75; $84 for 25 percent cotton paper.
Using a format other than PDF may increase costs.
To receive a free estimate, call the copy center at 603.862.0537. If you are paying by encumbrance number, check with your department regarding the availability of funds prior to ordering.