Family Orientation Program Information
Parents & Family
Orientation is highly encouraged for parents and family members. We cannot accommodate friends as new students will be busy in meetings with academic advisors and others.
- You may attend a session different from your student. If you plan to attend a session on a different day as when your student attends, please register here.
- The New Student Orientation program and the Parents and Family Orientation program are separate but run at the same time on each of the days.
- During orientation, you will:
- Meet with University of New Hampshire faculty, administrators, academic advisors, and upper-class students
- Learn about the University's expectations of its students, and what resources it offers students in and outside the classroom
- Discuss key transition to college issues with University experts
- Get all your questions about UNH answered
- Orientation schedules
Overnight accommodations on campus are available through UNH Conferences. Please visit here to make your reservation. Any questions regarding on-campus overnight accommodations for parents and families only, please call UNH Conferences at (603) 862-3189. (Note: These accommodations cannot be made for non-student guests through the Orientation registration system. Arrangements for family members will need to be made directly with UNH Conferences.)
Holiday Inn Express (near campus)
Other hotels in the area (Portsmouth is recommended)
Inexpensive meals will be available on campus for parents and guests (students are not charged for meals during Orientation).
Directions to Campus & Parking
- Directions to Campus
- More information on campus parking
- Please note, parking regulations are enforced. All attendees will be required to print out their reminder e-mail (received prior to the session) to utilize as a parking permit for the duration of the Orientation program.
- Two-Day Sessions: Attendees can park in Lot E, E-1, and B
- One-Day Sessions: Attendees can park in Lot A