We understand that you may be considering teaching as a career, but you are not yet sure. Fortunately, there are several Teaching Experiences for Undergraduates (TEU's) at UNH that are extensive (a semester or six weeks in the summer) and so allow you to know if teaching is a good fit for you.
We list below several TEU's with their websites. Each has their own application process and deadlines. The Noyce program invites you to try one or more of these and then apply for the Noyce scholarship if you find teaching is for you.
- Education 500 - Exploring Teaching (spend a semester in a classroom)
- Working as a tutor -mentor with Upward Bound in the summer or during the school year.
- Working as a summer counselor with Tech Camp
- Working as a summer counselor with Project Smart
- Working as a summer counselor with Keepers Kids Camp
- Becoming a STEMbassador to do outreach in K-12 STEM classrooms
- Becoming a Peer-Leader in General Chemistry at UNH
- Becoming a Learning Assistant in Introductory Physics at UNH
- Becoming a tutor in the Mathematics Center at UNH