Missed a session during orientation?
Be sure to check out our media channel to explore student clubs and organizations, campus resources and opportunities, view recorded sessions from Virtual June Orientation, and more!
NEW STUDENT PROGRAMS MEDIA CHANNEL
Also, Check out our stories on Instagram, where our orientation leaders answer questions from new students, @BEAUNHWILDCAT
- 10 –11:15 a.m. College Academic Sessions
An opportunity for students to be introduced to their college and prepare for fall course selection and registration.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: 11:20 -12 pm
- 11:20 a.m. – 12 p.m. Utility Talk: Sounds Boring, But You'll Thank Us Later: Learn About Campus Platforms
Students will be guided through the various campus platforms by a current UNH student to explain how they will utilize them and where to find things. Platforms reviewed include: WebCat, Canvas, Handshake, etc.
- 11:20 a.m. – 12 p.m. Ned's Declassified College Adjustment Guide: How Does College Differ From High School?
Current UNH students will share about their personal experiences at UNH as they transitioned from high school to college, what some of the most significant differences were for them, and how they managed their transition.
- 11:20 a.m. – 12 p.m. Wildkitty and the Whitt: Learning UNH Traditions & Lingo
Want to make sure you know what people are talking about when they say they are going to Wildkitty? How about seeing a game at the Whit? Then come to this session to hear about UNH traditions and lingo so you will be in the know from the get go.
- 11:20 a.m. - 12 p.m. Wildcats In Cars: Commuter Students At UNH
This session is aimed at new Wildcats who will be commuting to campus. These students will offer you insight and advice to make the most of your time at UNH, even if you don't live on campus! They will also offer tips, tricks, and services just for commuter students!
- Choose your own adventure: 1- 1:45pm
- 1 - 1:45 p.m. The Insiders Guide To Living and Eating On Campus
Get all of your burning questions answered about where to live and eat on campus from the pros.
- 1 - 1:45 p.m. I'll Be There For You, Making Friends at UNH
One of the most important and stressful parts of college is figuring out how to make those lifelong friendships we all hear about. Take part in this session to learn about what worked for these current UNH students.
- 1 -1:45 p.m. Show Me The Money: Professional Success In Your First Year
This session will allow students to talk with staff about what they need to know in their first year at UNH to prepare professionally, and how they can make the most of their opportunities on campus. They will also talk about getting jobs on campus!
- Choose Your Own Adventure: 1:55 - 2:40 pm
- 1:55 - 2:40 p.m Academic Support Outside The Classroom:
We Are Here For Students
While professors offer support to students, there are many social and academic resources outside the classroom as well! Come to this session to hear from from Student Accessibility Services (SAS), the Center for Academic Resources (CFAR), Connors Writing Center, Math Center(MaC) and the First Year Librarian.
- 1:55- 2:40 p.m. Health and Wellness for Wildcats
In this session, students will hear from professionals from Health and Wellness about services available to students if they become sick and the variety of offerings available to help them live well!
- 1:55 - 2:40 p.m. Student Resources for Well-Being
This session will introduce new students to The Beauregard Center for Equity and Liberation (works with underrepresented and ally students), Psychological and Counseling Services (PACS), and Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention (SHARPP) services at UNH.
- 2:50 - 3:55 p.m. My First Year (MyFY): The Student Experience
Hear from the experts about what a first year at UNH is like - roommates, diversity, campus safety, healthy relationships, university policies, finding work, student activities, and more.
- Instagram Q&A on @beaunhwildcat
Be sure to check out our Instagram Story on the day after your orientation. It is a chance to meet one of our awesome student leaders and get more questions answered as you prepare to be come a Wildcat!
- *Choose Your Own Adventure! *
Students will be sent the links for each of these sessions in the final reminder email so that you may select one of the sessions to attend. After the first orientation session, recordings will be uploaded to the website for you to review any sessions you were unable to attend.