The Notch is a small retail operation on the third floor of the MUB that sells coffee, soda, snacks and popcorn. Notch employees are responsible for all matters related to this operation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Use cash register, and Cat’s Cache machine.
- Adhere to all Notch Policy and Procedure in completion of job tasks.
- Maintain strict cleanliness standards.
- Keep neat and professional work attire while on shift, responsible for MUB work shirt.
- Wear official Notch hat at all times while working.
- Check and read personal email regularly for work related updates and announcements.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- The Notch is open from 8:00am-3:30pm M-F., and 6pm-10pm M-Sun. Students are expected to work at least 5 hours a week.
- Responsible for one weekend shift every other week.
- Attend at least 2 MUB Training sessions per semester.
- Upon hire, attend “FISH” video training at one of the scheduled showings.
- Attend 1 staff meeting per month.
- Attend area specific fall training.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Customer service at the window.