Frequently Asked Questions

Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic many services and resources may be changed during January Term 2021.
Please visit the office or department websites below for updated information.

If you are having difficulty logging in to your online course, please contact the IT Service Desk.

Housing is not accepting applications for January Term 2021.

University dormitories are closed during the winter break. However, limited vacation/break housing is available at an additional cost for students residing in some dorms. For more information, fees, and application deadlines, visit Students are responsible for making their own housing arrangements for January Term on or off campus if desired.

Dining Services general information.

Dining Dollars and Cat's Cache are accepted at the Union Court. Cat's Cache is also accepted at many area businesses and restaurants. 

Downtown Durham also includes a number of eateries that are open year-round.

Students enrolled in January Term courses have access to the University’s award-winning Dimond Library and the four science and engineering libraries. Learn more at

Parking permits are available to purchase and may be used in commuter designated parking lots only.

Exceptions: If you have a student resident remote parking permit, you can move your vehicle to a core campus resident lot during the winter break.

For more information, please contact Parking Services at 603-862-1010 or visit them online at

Inclement weather/Curtailed operations: If you are taking a January term class that meets on-campus, be sure to check the UNH Storm Information Line (603-862-0000) for information on curtailed operations during inclement weather. If you are taking a January term class on-line, curtailed operations does not apply and your course activities will continue as scheduled.