How to Determine if Your Windows Device is Automatically Updating
The following instructions can be used to determine if a Windows computer is being automatically updated.
For Windows 7 PC’s:
Click ‘Start’ in the lower-left corner of your screen
2. Type Windows Update in the text box titled "Search for programs and files"
3. Select 'Windows Update' from the list of applications.
4. Check to see if updates to your device are being managed by looking at what displays next to “You receive updates:” on the Windows Update screen. If it indicates your device is being managed by your system administrator (like the image below), follow the instructions here.
If it says you receive updates directly from Microsoft Update, go to step 5.
5. Click the ‘Check for updates’ link on the left side of the Window
7. Once the check is complete, click ‘Install updates’ to ensure all important updates are installed on your PC (note: the actual results / number of updates available might differ from the image below)
8. If your PC does not automatically reboot, reboot your PC upon successful update installation.
If you try to run Windows Updates and receive a message that “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” or that “Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization,”