Xtender: Search for a range of dates
This tip is for anyone using the web version of Xtender.
There may be times when you need to search for documents that were added to Xtender within a particular date range. To do that, you can use the Search Range option for the Activity Date field.
The Activity Date contains both a date and a time stamp (with hours, minutes, seconds). You won't know the time stamp information, but you can't leave it blank either. Follow the instructions below to search for documents indexed anytime during the dates you are interested in.
Note: The Activity Date field does not get updated if there is new activity for that document. This field only tells you the date that a document was first put into Xtender.
To search for a range within Activity Date:
- On the Query Criteria screen, click the Search Range button at the end of the Activity Date field.
- In the Search Range dialog box:
- In the Type of Comparison field, select Between
- In the Value field, enter the start date, using format yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00
- In the And field, enter the end date, using format yyyy-mm-dd 23:59:59
3. Click the OK button
4. Click the Submit button
For more tips on using Xtender, visit http://www.usnhgateway.org/ >> Documentation >> Xtender. Or, search for Xtender right here in the UNH IT Knowledge Base.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242.