Xtender: Improve quality of PDFs created with pdfFactory Pro
This tip is for anyone printing PDFs from Xtender using pdfFactory Pro.
Sometimes when you create a PDF with pdfFactory Pro, the image looks grainy – even though the original looked good in Xtender. You can adjust the settings in pdfFactory to improve the look of those PDFs.
- Open the Devices and Printers control panel
- Right-click the PDF_Factory_Pro on baxter printer icon
- Select Printing preferences
- Click the Graphics tab
- Unselect the Downsample monochrome images checkbox
- Unselect the Downsample color images checkbox
- Select the Use JPEG compression checkbox, and slide the slider bar to 95
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
For more tips on using Xtender, visit http://www.usnhgateway.org/ >> Documentation >> Xtender.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242