Xtender: Grad School applications and the Xtender upgrade
This FAQ may be helpful for any department having trouble printing grad school applications from Xtender.
Xtender Student was upgraded over the summer (August 2015). This upgrade required you to update the web components on your computer.
If you haven’t updated those components yet, you may run into problems when you begin using Xtender to process grad applications during this admissions cycle. Those problems often center around printing the documents - either to paper or to PDF.
To install the newest Xtender components, follow these steps:
Note: You must have administrative rights to your computer.
- Log into the Enterprise VPN.
- Open the following network folder: \\ecglib.unh.edu\public$\AX\7sp1\WebAccessClientComponents\7sp1
- Copy the ApplicationXtender Web Access Client Components 7.0 file to your desktop and run it from there. This is the installer which will install the Xtender web components.
- Click the Run button.
- Click the Next button.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click the Next button.
- Enter User Name and Organization and click the Next button.
- Confirm the Destination Folder and click the Next button.
- Leave the default to Complete installation and click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button to complete the installation.
For more tips on using Xtender, visit http://www.usnhgateway.org/ >> Documentation >> Xtender.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242.