Xtender: Copy email from Outlook into Xtender
This tip is for anyone using the web version of Xtender and an installed version of Outlook (not Outlook Web App).
Need to save an email from Outlook into Xtender? You can easily copy and paste it into Xtender.
- Start with both Xtender Web Access and Outlook open. In Outlook, you should be looking at the list of email. In Xtender, you should be looking at the Application List.
- In Outlook, right-click on the closed email and select Copy.
- Switch to Xtender.
- In Xtender, right-click on the appropriate application and select New Document.
- Click the Page Menu button and follow the menu path: New Page >> Clipboard Paste Special >> Append.
- Select Message File (*.msg), and click the OK button.
- If you wish to index the document immediately, click the New button to open the indexing screen and index as you normally would. (Note: If you simply close the document you just imported – without indexing it, it will wait patiently for you on the Batch List.)
These steps work for copying in an attachment from an email as well. In step 2, open the email and right-click the attachment. Then, select Copy.
For more tips on using Xtender, visit http://www.usnhgateway.org/ >> Documentation >> Xtender. Or, search for Xtender right here in the UNH IT Knowledge Base.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242.