Xtender: Change (synch) your Password
This tip is for anyone who needs to change their Xtender password.
When your Xtender account is created, it is set up with a temporary password. It is important that you change it to something more secure. You can do that manually or by synchronizing it to your Banner password.
Banner users: You can change your Xtender password manually if you want to, but the easiest way to change your Xtender password is through Banner. Making the change through Banner will automatically synchronize your Xtender password to your current Banner password. You don’t even need to know what your Xtender password is. Follow the steps below to synch your password.
NON-Banner users: If you are a new user or have forgotten your Xtender password, contact the UNH IT Service Desk (862-4242). If you already know your Xtender password, refer to the instructions in Xtender: Manually Change your Password to update it manually.
Synchronize your password to Banner
Follow these steps to synchronize your password the first time you log into Banner after you get an Xtender account, or whenever your Banner password changes:
- Log into the Enterprise VPN.
- Log into Banner. Note: You must do separately this for each Banner database you have access to (i.e., PROD, SETI, BPRD, BTST). Select the appropriate database.
- Navigate to a Banner form that you typically use.
- Click the BDM – Display Document button (magnifying button) on the Banner toolbar.
- If your Xtender password did not already match your Banner password, you may (or may not) see a message that your passwords have been synchronized. Passwords are synchronized even if you don’t see the message.If you do see this message, click OK to acknowledge it.
Note: If you see an hourglass instead of an arrow for your cursor, move your cursor over the synchronization message. The cursor should become an arrow again.
- After the passwords are synchronized, the system opens another browser window and logs you into Xtender.
- You may see a message saying “Permission denied to B-G-ID” or “No records found”. Or, you could see a screen with a list of documents. These are all normal outcomes – what you see depends on which Banner form you were on. That’s OK. Your password has been synchronized in all of these cases. Acknowledge any messages.
- Log out of Xtender.
- Log out of Banner.
That's it. Your Xtender password now matches your Banner password and if you ever need to log into Xtender directly (rather than through Banner), the user name is your ITID, and the password is this Banner password.
For more tips on using Xtender, visit http://www.usnhgateway.org/ >> Documentation >> Xtender. Or, search for Xtender right here in the UNH IT Knowledge Base.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242.