Xtender 16.3: Scan a Document
This tip is for anyone using the web version of Xtender 16.3, and who has the security to scan into Xtender.
Documents can be manually added to Xtender in a couple different ways: either by scanning them directly into Xtender or by importing an electronic image.
To scan a document into Xtender:
- In the application list, select the appropriate application (example: DOCS, EMPL, ADMN, ID).
- Click the New Batch button.
- In the Batch Name field, enter a temporary batch name, and click Continue.
- Click the Select Scanner button.
Note: If you are prompted to allow the web application access to the scanner, click Allow.
- Choose your scanner and driver, and click OK.
- Set your scanner settings, as necessary. Use the drop-down arrow to the right of the Select Scanner button.
- Place the documents to be scanned on the scanner.
- Click the Scan button.
Note: If the Scan button is grayed out, first click the Add Page button, cancel out of it, and return to the Scan button. It should now be available.
- Once the documents have been scanned, they are ready to be indexed.
- You can close this batch and create another batch. Or you can log out of Xtender and go back to your desk to index. Or you can index the batch right now. For instructions on indexing, see the Xtender 16.3: Index a Document article in the KnowledgeBase. (Xtender 16.3: Index a Document )
For more tips on using Xtender, search for Xtender right here in the UNH IT Knowledge Base.
If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242.