Tegrity: An Overview of the Course Capture Software
Lecture capture is an umbrella term describing any technology that lets instructors digitally record their lectures (using audio and/or video, screen capture, or PowerPoint slides) and make those recordings available to students. Tegrity is a software package included in myCourses that allows faculty to easily build rich media content and present it to students.
Below you will find a screenshot of a typical Tegrity recording and some of its features and then a few links to documentation for the software.
Faculty FAQ’s for Tegrity
- How can Tegrity help to free up class time for more 'active' learning? For an overview of the 'Flipped Classroom'
- How do I move a recording from one semester to the next? Follow these directions on how to move recordings.
- How can I tell if students are watching the recordings? Faculty can easily generate viewing reports in Tegrity
- Does Tegrity Support have more help articles? Yes- Tegrity documentation is quite extensive.
Student FAQ’s for Tegrity
- What are the latest browser requirements to view a Tegrity recording? You can start with a Tegrity diagnostics page and then check browser requirements
- Can I watch recordings on my IOS device? Yes-- please follow the directions in this Tegrity help document.
- Can I download recordings? Yes- if the instructor has enabled this feature.
- How can I make sure my computer will play a Tegrity recording? Start with this Tegrity Diagnostic page and follow the prompts
- What are the latest browser requirements for Tegrity? Browser requirements can be found in this article
- Which browser is likely to have the fewest playback and recording issues? An updated version of Firefox is highly recommended (Free download here)
- What does the recording status error mean? Here is a status error chart
- How come one of the recordings I made is missing or taking forever to upload? Very occasionally you may have to ’re-upload’ a recording (Choose Mac or PC)
- My computer passed the Tegrity Diagnostics Page and I still can’t view the recording- what should I do? Please call the UNH IT help desk @ 862-4242