SOLIDWORKS - Installation on personal computers
The Mechanical Engineering department has purchased a license of SOLIDWORKS. While it is primarily intended to support the needs of their staff and students, the department is making it available to others with need on campus.
The instructions below are for students or faculty/staff who would like to install SOLIDWORKS on their own personal computer. If you are a staff member with a departmental computer in a Mechanical Engineering lab, project room, or office, or other department, please contact Sheldon Parent in the Mechanical Engineering department for assistance using UNH's central network license.
Your computer meet the following requirements to use SOLIDWORKS:
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
- 8 G RAM
- 20 G available hard disk space
In addition, we recommend that you have a faster network connection for downloading the SOLIDWORKS installation materials. They are over 8 GB in size and will take quite a long time to download.
University of New Hampshire qualifies for SOLIDWORKS Student Access, the full-suite, SOLIDWORKS CAD & Simulation for off-network, laptop/desktop use. Installation of the Student Engineering Kit (SEK) is available via download direct from the vendor.
To obtain and install the software:
- Go to http://www.solidworks.com/SEK.
- Set the question about whether you already have a Serial Number to No and enter the SEK-ID of XSEK12.
- Select the version you desire from the drop down menu. If you require compatibility with the version made available in the ME lab and Student Computing Clusters, select 2017-2018.
- Provide your UNH email address and your appropriate role to complete the form.
- Accept the license agreement provided.
- Use the download link provided to get the installation materials for SOLIDWORKS.
- Double-click the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager to start the installation process.
- Proceed through the installer, selecting the options you require.
The SOLIDWORKS software will require activation to work properly. You will need to enter one or two activation codes, depending on the features of the software you need. To obtain those codes, enter your UNH username and password below:
Copy/paste the codes where needed to activate the software. The software will be activated to work until July 31, 2020.
Assistance with Installing SOLIDWORKS
Solidworks is managed and licensed by the Mechanical Engineering department. Please contact Sheldon Parent or the Mechanical Engineering Department at 862-1352 with installation issues.
Once SOLIDWORK is installed on your computer in the manner described, you will be able to use the software without the need to be connected to the Internet or any UNH resources.
Assistance With SOLIDWORKS
If you require assistance using SOLIDWORKS, you can get help from the following:
- The on-line Help built-in to SOLIDWORKS available via the Help menu
- The tutorials available in the SOLIDWORKS Help menu
- The SOLIDWORKS Web site
- Purchasing manuals via the UNH Bookstore or online book sellers
If you wish to remove SOLIDWORKS from your computer, you may do so via the Windows Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. Open this Control Panel, select the SOLIDWORKS item, and click the Uninstall button.