Outlook Exchange Email Account FAQ

What is an Outlook Exchange Email account?

Outlook Exchange Email gives you access to the MS Exchange servers at UNH. With Outlook Exchange Email, you can access your mail through the web or an Email client such as Microsoft Outlook.  Outlook Exchange Email gives you the ability to use the Global Address List, schedule appointments with other Exchange users, and use the advanced calendaring features.

Who can get a Outlook Exchange Email account?

Outlook Exchange Email accounts are available to ACTIVE faculty and staff at UNH and UNHM, faculty Emeritus, as well as staff at GSC.  If you have questions regarding your ACTIVE status with the University, employees can contact Human Resources at 862-0501 and students can contact the Registrar's Office at 862-1500.

How do I get an account?

UNH AD and Exchange accounts are automatically created for most new faculty and staff. The accounts will be created within one business day of the employee's start date.  If an Outlook Exchange account it not automatically created, it can be requested through the Accounts Management System. (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer).

How do I change my password?

Outlook Exchange uses your AD username and password.  You can change your AD password inside the Accounts Management System using the "Change Password" button on the home page.  (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer).

What do I do if I forgot my password?

You can use the Log in Help self service application to reset your password if you have forgotten your password or your password does not work.

How do I access my account?

Outlook Exchange Email is accessible via Outlook Web Access (OWA) at https://exchange.unh.edu or through an installed Microsoft Outlook client on the latest Windows platforms.  There is no supported client available for Apple OS X at this time.  

How do I configure my Exchange email?

Configuring Outlook for Exchange is a set of instructions for installation and configuration of email clients to connect to our UNH Exchange Server.

How do I modify my Exchange account?

Clients looking for modifications to their Outlook Exchange Email accounts, including legal name changes or terminating your account, should contact the IT Account Administrators by calling the UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242 with contact information and details of requested changes.

How do I get an Exchange account disabled?

The Human Resources employee termination process is directly related to disabling of computer accounts.  On an employee's termination date his or her Exchange Email account will be automatically disabled.  If you want an account disabled prior to an employee leaving the University, please call the UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242.   More information on the deactivation of computer accounts.

Custom Fields
  • Department: Accounts
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
Related Articles RSS Feed
How do I log in to the International Travel Registry?
Viewed 1002 times since Thu, Jun 11, 2015
Accounts: How do I deactivate access for an employee changing jobs within UNH or USNH?
Viewed 850 times since Mon, Mar 7, 2016
I am Trying to Log into the Parent Portal and I Can’t Remember My Username or Password, What Should I Do?
Viewed 676 times since Fri, May 15, 2015
Accounts Frequently Asked Questions
Viewed 1664 times since Thu, Apr 30, 2015
Accounts: How can I check the status of a request I made for someone else?
Viewed 908 times since Thu, Jun 4, 2015
Accounts: About UNH Active Directory Accounts
Viewed 1344 times since Mon, Apr 11, 2016
Accounts: How do I request an Email alias?
Viewed 1526 times since Wed, Feb 24, 2016
Password Best Practices
Viewed 970 times since Wed, May 13, 2015
Accounts: How do I find my UNH Username?
Viewed 1288 times since Mon, Feb 22, 2016
Accounts: How do I request IT Account Access for myself?
Viewed 797 times since Tue, Mar 22, 2016