myCourses - How to create an assignment
Article ID: 1536 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:30 PM
This article and video demonstrates how to create an assignment in your myCourses Canvas course.
Create an Assignment
- In my Courses, select the Assignment link.
- On the top right, select the +Assignment button to create a new assignment.
- Enter the name of the Assignment.
- In the Text Editor, enter the assignment instructions for the students.
- Enter the rest of the information for the assignment:
- Points: number of points this assignment is worth.
- Assignment Group: Select this option if you are weighting grades. This places the assignment in the weighted group you have set up in the assignments area.
- Display Grade as: Select the drop down to see the list of options.
- Submission Type: Select the drop down to see the list of option.
- Due Date: Enter a due date. This allows the student to see the assignment in the calendar. And if this is an online submission students submission is marked as Late.
- Available From and Available To: These dates will automatically control when students can access the Assignment details. The Due date must be on or between these dates.
- Select Save.
- If you want more details about setting up the Assignment, check out the Canvas article. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9873