myCourses - How to communicate with students through myCourses
This video provides an overview of all the communication tools in myCourses. For more details about using any of the tools in the video, search for the article or Canvas guide about that Canvas tool.
There are several options for communicating with students.
- Announcements: Send course announcements that all students can see.
- Inbox: Email tool to send email to all students, individual students, to course groups or course section.
- Assessment: Send comments to individual students that is private and associated to the specific assessment.
- Discussions: The Discussion forum can be setup as an open, interactive communication for the entire class.
- Gradebook: The assessment column has an communication option for sending messages to specific students.