myCourses: Gradebook overview
The new grade book functions the same as the previous grade book but has been organized to provide better options for sorting and filtering. There is also a new optional feature being introduced that allows for adjusting grades based on your late and missing policy.
New Gradebook features:
For functionality comparison please visit the following KB article: myCourses - Gradebook with new features as of August 2018
Gradebook: allows you to view the grade book by individual student and to view Gradebook History. For more details see:
- Individual view: The individual View does not support settings and options from the New Gradebook. You will not be able to adjust the status in this view.
- Grade book History: allows you to filter by student for history of assessment grades Canvas guide for Gradebook History
Action: allows you to export and import the grade book and Sync grades to SIS. See the following articles for more details.
Total Grade column: You can now customize the Total column to display either percentage or points. The Total column can also be moved to the front of the gradebook.
Search: This field allows you to search the grade book for a student name.
Late/Missing Policy (Cogwheel): This feature allows you to enable and set the late and missing policy. See the following articles for more details;
- myCourses - Gradebook Missing and Late Policy Rules
- myCourses - Using the Missing Submission Policy in the Gradebook
- myCourses - Using the Late Submission Policy in the Gradebook
Video with an overview of the new gradebook