myCourses - FAQ’s about Grades
myCourses - Frequently Asked Questions about Grades
- How do I add a column to the grade area? Extra columns are added by going to the Assignments area and adding an assignment. You can set the assignment type as "no submission" but allow it to be graded, publish it and it shows up in the Grades area. For more details click on the link to the article.
- How do I give or add extra credit? There are multiple ways of giving extra credit. The answer is "It depends". Read the article below to learn more.
- How do I weight grades? - Go to Assignments and enable the Assignment Groups Weight. Then add an Assignment Group for each of the Weighted Groups. For more details see the articles below.
- How do I export Grades? In the grades area, click on the Export Grades button. Select the link below to read more.
- How do I send grades to WebCat from my Course? Use the Grade Passback feature in the Grades area. See the article linked below for more details.
- Where is the "Treat Ungraded as Zero" feature that used to be in Grades? This feature has been disabled as of the end of May 2017 since using it could cause problems with the Grade Passback feature.
- How do I update or change the grade schema? Read this article about how the grade schema works and how to update or change it. There are additional links in this article to the Canvas guides that offer more details.How to view and edit the grade schema article
- How does the grade schema calculate the points? Read this article about how the grade schema works. There are additional links in this article to the Canvas guides that offer more details. myCourses grading schemes
- How do I setup the Grade Schema to be Pass/Fail in myCourses?
Use the Pass/Fail grade schema in myCourses and apply it to your course. In your courses, go to Settings, select View/Edit Grading Schema. In the next window, select "Select another schema" and select Credit/Fail schema, then select Use This Grading Standard. Select Done to apply the schema. Go to Grades to the Total column and the student grade will show as either "F" or "CR".
If you did not find the answer to your question or want to review the grades area with a myCourses trainer, check out the calendar for an Office Hours or grades course at this site https://at-training.unh.edu . If there is no scheduled sessions, you can request a session and the trainer will contact you.
Need additional help?
Please fill out the myCourses webform with as much detail as possible.