MediaSpace: Publishing and Sharing Media
MediaSpace allows users to upload, manage, and share media. Media may be shared in a variety of ways with others at UNH and with the public.
By default, uploaded media is not published and set as Private. All Private videos will have that label shown over them when you are viewing your My Media collection. If you wish to share media you have uploaded, you have two options to choose from:
- Unlisted - The media is not shown in any channel or category within the MediaSpace website, and it cannot be found by searching by title, description, or tags, but it is accessible to anyone who has the direct link to that media item. This is useful when you wish to share an item with people outside of UNH, but don’t want the item broadly viewed. NOTE: Sharing an item as Unlisted does not protect the confidentiality of that item. If people with whom you share the link share it with others, then those people can also access the item.
- Published - The media is visible to other users and can be seen or found by searching, based on what channels or categories it is associated. Items published to Private channels can only be seen by other channel members. Items in Open channels can be seen by all UNH account holders, but not by the general public. Items in a Public channel can be seen by anyone in the world.
- On your My Media page, locate the item you wish to share, and click on its title to view that item.
- From the Actions menu, select +Publish.
- Choose Unlisted from the set of choices.
- Click Save.
- Click the Share button below the media item to be take to a screen that will provide the direct URL to this items page.
- Copy the Link to Media Page and share that with your intended audience via email, posting on a web page, linking to on social media, etc.
For more information about publishing and sharing media items, a detailed MediaSpace user manual is available from Kaltura Support at https://knowledge.kaltura.com/sites/default/files/Kaltura_MediaSpace_User_Manual_5.pdf