MATLAB - Total Academic Headcount License
The University of New Hampshire offers a campus-wide license to MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes. The Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license covers on-campus and home software use for all faculty, staff, and students as well as classroom and lab installations.
Note that commercial use of MathWorks products is not covered by our TAH license.
Unlike past situations where users of a UNH MATLAB license would be required to check out a license via UNH's network every time you used the software, the TAH license allows users to install the software on your own computer and to then run it without needing any connection to the Internet.
One other change for users who have used UNH's MATLAB license in the past is that you will no longer access and install the software from a local source at UNH. You should now obtain the software direct from Mathworks. Full details on how to do so are provided in the installation instructions.
MATLAB Support and Resources
Mathworks offers the TAH Resource Kit, which offers a comprehensive collection of resources for integrating MATLAB and Simulink into your courses and research. You will find video tutorials, classroom materials, webinars, and more. You can access additional documentation and support via the Mathworks website.
If you have any problems obtaining or installing the MATLAB software or need assistance in using it, you can get support direct from MathWorks.
Obtain Activation Key
- In the box below, enter your UNH username and password to retrieve the Activation Key that you will need to download and run MATLAB.
Download the Installer
- Create a MathWorks Account using your UNH email address at mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do. When creating your profile, you will be asked how you will be using MathWorks software. Undergraduate students should choose Student use. Faculty, researchers, and grad students should choose Teaching or research in school.
- Go to the License Center: mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Click Associate License in the upper right hand corner.
- When prompted to do so, enter the Activation Key that you obtained above.
- Go to: mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release.
- Click the download button for the current release.
- Click the button for your operating system platform.
- Click the installer button to download the installer.
Install and Activate
- Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location. The name of the installer file is:
- Windows: matlab__win64.exe
- Mac OS X: matlab__maci64.zip
- Linux: matlab__glnxa64.zip
- Start the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab__maci64, where represents the release number. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to start the installer.
- Create a new folder for the matlab installer, and place the installer in that folder.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the matlab installer
- Unzip the file using unizp:
- unizp matlab__glnxa64.zip
- Start the installer
- sh install
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
The MATLAB TAH license is an annual license. Your copy of MATLAB will be licensed until August 2019. At that time, you will need to renew your license. See MATLAB - Renewing TAH License .
- Aerospace Toolbox
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Communications System Toolbox
- Computer Vision System Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- Database Toolbox
- Datafeed Toolbox
- Econometrics Toolbox
- Embedded Coder
- Financial Instruments Toolbox
- Financial Toolbox
- Fixed-Point Designer
- Global Optimization Toolbox
- Image Acquisition Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder
- MATLAB Compiler
- MATLAB Compiler SDK
- MATLAB Distributed Computing Server - 32 pack
- Mapping Toolbox
- Neural Network Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
- Phased Array System Toolbox
- RF Toolbox
- Robotics System Toolbox
- Robust Control Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simscape Fluids
- Simscape Multibody
- Simulink Coder
- Simulink Control Design
- Simulink Desktop Real-Time
- Spreadsheet Link EX
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- System Identification Toolbox
- Vehicle Network Toolbox
- Wavelet Toolbox