UNH has a site license for the National Instruments LabVIEW application. Under this license, all students, faculty, and staff may use the LabVIEW software on UNH-owned or personally-owned computers for teaching and research purposes.
The instructions below are for students or faculty/staff who would like to install LabVIEW on their own computer.
Your computer meet the following requirements to use LabVIEW:
- Windows 7 or newer; macOS 10.11 or newer; Linux 6.5 or newer
- 2 G RAM
- 5 G available hard disk space
In addition, we recommend that you have a faster network connection for downloading the LabVIEW installation materials. Downloading and completing the installation process may take a half-hour or more depending on your situation.
To obtain and install the software:
- Go to http://ni.com/academic/download
- Review the list of available programs to find LabVIEW for your specific operating system then look at the columns for the version you desire. We recommend you download the most recent release unless you have a specific reason otherwise.
- Click the appropriate link for the version you have selected. A page will open with a link to download the installation files to your computer and other installation instructions.
- Proceed through the installation process. If you need specific instructions, please review the documentation provided by National Instruments on the download page.
The LabVIEW software will require activation to work properly. To obtain the serial number needed to activate, enter your UNH username and password below:
Copy/paste the codes where needed to activate the software. The software will be activated to work until October 2019.
Once LabVIEW is installed on your computer in the manner described, you will be able to use the software without the need to be connected to the Internet or any UNH resources.
Assistance With LabVIEW
If you require assistance using LabVIEW, you can get help from the following:
- The on-line Help built-in to LabVIEW available via the Help menu
- The tutorials available in the LabVIEW Help menu
- The LabVIEW Web site
- Purchasing manuals via the UNH Bookstore or online book sellers