Kaltura: Upload or Create Media
Kaltura allows you to upload video and audio files, create Capture recordings (screen and webcam recording), and create interactive video quizzes. These features can be accessed from the Media Gallery, My Media, or when embedding Kaltura media.
To upload video or audio files:
- Navigate to My Media, Media Gallery, or click the Embed Kaltura button within the rich text editor.
Note: If you do not have My Media or Media Gallery in your course tool bar, you can add it from your course settings.
- Click on the blue Add New or Add Media button.
- Click Media Upload.
- Click Choose a File to Upload.
- Locate the media file on your computer, select it, and click Open.
- Your file will begin to upload. While it uploads, you can edit the media's title, description, tags, and privacy. If you change any of these settings, be sure to click the Save button.
- Your upload is complete when you see a green progress bar with the message "Upload Completed!" Note that your media will still need to process before it can be played. This processing takes place online, so feel free to shut down your computer once you see the "Upload Completed" message.
- From here you can visit the media's page, go back to the previous page, or upload another file.
For more assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 603-862-4242.