J-Term support for winter break
This article provides quick links to the most common support questions that may arise for faculty teaching an online or hybrid J-Term course with special attention to questions that may arise during the time period when the University is closed.
J-Term winter break support
24/7 technical support for myCourses is always available to faculty and students in your course by navigating to the help link in the lower left menu area of myCourses and select "Chat with Canvas Support" for Faculty or Students, or by calling the Canvas Support Hotline for Faculty at 833-665-7258 or for Students at 844-725-7347.
Log-in issues cannot be addressed by Canvas Support and should be directed to UNH IT support using this support form: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=192
During the shutdown period UNH staff will be checking and responding daily for any urgent issues reported to IT support.
Please note that the Registrar’s Office and Business Services will not be available during the shutdown for registration issues. If you have any students who are not in your myCourses roster and need access to the course, please use the instructions below on how to manually add a student to your course and the student can work out the registration issues when business resumes.
NOTE: Very limited assistance from UNH Academic Technology will be offered on Dec 27, 28 and 31 2018 for urgent matters.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I add a student to myCourses, Canvas course?
- When are students added to the J-Term course?
- How do I publish my course?
- How do I email my students in the course? Your course must be published to email your students.
- How do I control access to my course Modules?
- I can’t find my J-Term course. Look under the Courses area for the list of ALL courses.
Course Support and Technical Help
- myCourses Support and Technical Help for Instructors
- Student Help for myCourses support and technical help
- How do I login to myCourses, Canvas course?
- How do I find my UNH account?
- Having trouble logging in?
Click here for the UNH IT Log in Help article
Media Support (Kaltura and Lecture Capture)
- Lecture Capture Service Transition from Tegrity to Kaltura
- Kaltura: An Overview