Installing Microsoft Office (Faculty & Staff)
UNH Information Technology has partnered with Microsoft to provide Microsoft’s popular Office 365 suite for students, faculty, and staff.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR UNH FACULTY & STAFF.
Faculty/Staff: Office 365 is available to all UNH Faculty/Staff and Students
It is highly encouraged to upgrade to Office 365 Pro Plus as this product is free with all office application features available.
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter your UNH Email address . The important part is that the address must contain “unh.edu.” Click “ Sign in ,” then “Continue.” (When you tab to the password field, it will automatically redirect you to the next step.)
- At the UNH login page, authenticate with your email@example.com and password to go to the Office 365 home page.
- Windows and Mac Office 365 View:
- Click on the Square in the upper Left for more applications, select Install Office Apps to install Office
- If installing Office for the first time, click “Install Office Apps” > select Office 2016
- The executable file will auto save to your downloads folder (unless you have changed the location of downloaded files)
- If you need additional help installing, click Need Help installing? Link at the bottom of the popup window
- For the most updated instructions visit Microsoft Support - Instructions on how to install Office Pro Plus
- Once the product has finished installing you will be prompted to sign into Office 365 (these are the same instructions for logging into portal.office.com
- Enter Email address
- Select Work
- Enter username@UNH.EDU and UNH password
- If you encounter issues, call UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242