iClicker: Student REEF and Clicker registration instructions
Student REEF and Clicker registration instructions
It’s important to register your REEF and/or Clicker device properly to ensure that your responses are being recognized and you are receiving points appropriately.
The REEF app allows you to use your mobile device to respond to questions and because it is a “cloud” based application you will register and signup online.
If you have purchased both the REEF app and the Clicker device, DO NOT register your Clicker device online. See instructions below on how to register Clickers in your course. Also, if you do use both a REEF app and the Clicker device, DO NOT use both during the same class time. Use one or the other during the entire class otherwise your responses will not be recognized properly and you may lose points.
When setting up your REEF account use your full name and your UNH user id. See image and instructions below. This will allow the REEF account to locate your name in the myCourses Canvas course. If you have previously setup a REEF account, select the option to change your account settings and verify that you are using your full name and have entered your UNH user id.
Instructions for setting up REEF
- You can locate and purchase the REEF app by going first to the UNH bookstore or by going directly to your app store.
- Locate the REEF app and setup an account. (If you have previously used REEF, then sign-in using your REEF account credentials.)
- First locate your school “University of New Hampshire main campus”.
- Enter your name, email and UNH user name. VERY IMPORTANT: Enter your given name, not your nickname. EXAMPLE: Enter Robert, not Bob. Enter Jennifer, not Jennie.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your UNH ID. This is your user name that is used to access UNH accounts.
- Enter your Password.
- At the Register a Remote screen, select “Skip This Step”. If you are using a Clicker Device this registration should be done in your myCourses, by Canvas course.
- Now that you have your account setup, find your school using the search bar.
- Next locate your course by entering the course name. Once you locate it, select it and select the Add This Course button.
- Repeat step 6 to locate additional courses you will be using REEF.
Instructions for registering Clickers
The Clicker device is NOT “cloud” based and MUST be registered through your myCourses, by Canvas course. DO NOT register your remote at iClicker.com. The Clicker software and myCourses does not recognize your clicker device activity if you register on the iClicker website.
- Login to your UNH myCourses course. (mycourses.unh.edu)
- Navigate to the course in which you will be using clickers.
- Select the Clicker link in your course. This link may appear in the left Course menu panel as Clicker or it may appear in the Modules area with a link called Clickers.
- Enter your Clicker serial id number found on the back of your device. Note: There are no “O”’s (the letter) in a remote ID serial number, only the number Zero.
- If you have a pre-existing Clicker serial id number and are no longer using that device, use the Remove button to remove the serial id from the course.
- Repeat the above steps for any additional courses where you are using your clicker device.
Need additional help?
If you need assistance with your iClicker device or REEF app, you can visit the ATSC support desk in the Dimond Library.
Fill out the iClicker webform with as much detail as possible.