How to turn on/off text and email notifications for Unified Messaging
Users can receive text or email notifications about missed calls and voice messages on their mobile phone. You can also receive notifications when people call you and don't leave a voice message.
To turn on or off Text Message Notifications:
- start by going to the Phone settings in Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- After logging into your OWA account go to the top right corner and click the gear icon to bring down the drop down menu, click Options.
- On the left hand side under options click phone and then text messaging.
- If you see Turn on notifications or Set up text messaging, text messaging notifications aren’t turned on for you yet. To turn them on, start the setup process and follow the instructions.
- To turn off text messaging notifications, click Delete settings.
- To change the phone number that’s used for text messaging notifications, click Change notifications phone number or Edit text messaging settings and follow the instructions.
To receive an email message when you miss a phone call:
- Click on the Voice mail tab and scroll down until you see notifications on the right hand side. Select which option you want and click save at the bottom left.