How do I change my AD Password?
Please follow these steps BEFORE you change your password:
Note: If you use your UNH username and password when you log into your computer at startup it is best to change your password while you are connected to the UNH Wired Network OR the UNH Secure Wireless Network.
- Close out of any email programs configured for UNH Exchange Email on the computer you are using when changing your password.
- Turn off all other computers or mobile devices that you use for UNH computer services.
- For Windows computers, clear the Credential Manager to clear out any saved passwords by following these steps:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Credential Manager OR go to Start and type “credential manager” and open Credential Manager from the results.
- Look for any items in Generic Credentials
- Click arrow next to each item and select to remove from vault or remove
- This password change will affect your password for many accounts, such as Exchange Email. Within the password change system click Impacted Accounts for a complete list.
- Think of a new password. Come up with a memorable, strong password. At a minimum, your password should contain 8 or more characters and contain one uppercase character (A-Z), one lowercase character (a-z), and one number.
To change your AD password:
- Go to the UNH IT Accounts website: http://www.unh.edu/it/accounts (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer).
- Click on the Accounts Management System link and log in.
- Click on the Change Your Password button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Password Change Process Modifications for Sophos Encryption users
- Note, after you change your password you need to update it on your Windows or Macintosh computer.
**Do not trust saved passwords, always re-enter password as to not lock yourself out.
Please contact the UNH IT Service Desk at 603-862-4242 if you need assistance changing your AD password.