Group Voice Mail (Exchange Unified Messaging)
Exchange Unified Messaging (EUM) Group Voice Mail Accounts are used when multiple people need access to a single voice mail box. The voice mail is controlled by a special Exchange Unified Messaging account assigned to one person as the Primary Owner (Guardian) of the account. There are several choices about how incoming voice mail messages are handled, depending on how many people need access and other details of how they want to use the system.
Full details are available in the Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging Group Accounts User Guide . To access the guide:
- Go to telecom.unh.edu
- Login in with your UNH username and password.
- Hover over How To and select Voice Mail Group Accounts
The user guide is a PDF document. You can always find the most current version through the Telecom website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do we request a new EUM Group Voice Mail Account?
2. Do Group Voice Mail account owners have to have an Exchange account?
Owners, both primary and secondary, must already have their own Exchange email account before being made an owner.
3. How can I see secondary owners on a EUM Group Voice Mail account?
Only Exchange server administrators can see the secondary owners on a EUM Group Voice Mail account. Please contact the UNH IT Service Desk to request information about secondary owners of these accounts.
4. How can I add/change/remove secondary owners on a EUM Group Voice Mail account?
The Primary Owner/Guardian of the EUM Group Voice Mail account should contact the UNH IT Service Desk to request changes to secondary owners of these accounts.
5. How can we change the Display Name/Default Name that is seen and heard when we leave voice messages from our Group account?
The Primary Owner can request changes to the Display Name by contacting the UNH IT Service Desk . This Display Name shows in email for people receiving a voice mail from the Group account. This is also the Default Name that is heard if no personal voice mail greeting has been set up.
6. What options do we have for managing incoming voice mail messages with a EUM Group Voice Mail Account?
If you are migrating an existing group Voice Mail box to the new EUM Group Voice Mail Account, then choose the option below that most closely matches your current setup .
- Option A: Managing messages directly in the account (simplest method)
- Option B: Email forwarding to an existing Exchange public folder
- Option C: Email forwarding to a distribution list
- Option D: Email forwarding to an individual
If you are unsure which option best fits your group, please contact the UNH IT Service Desk for assistance.
These options for managing incoming voice mail messages are detailed in the User Guide, in the final section of Chapter 2: “Business practice considerations for managing inbound voice mail messages.”
The Guide is available at telecom.unh.edu > Login > How To > Voice Mail Group Accounts link.
7. Regarding Option C above, how can we request a new distribution list?
Please complete an Exchange Support and Request Form to request a new distribution list.
8. How can Primary and Secondary Owners see the Group Voice Mailbox in Outlook and the Outlook Web App (OWA)?
Group Voice Mailboxes are a special kind of Shared Mailbox which can be viewed by Primary and Secondary Owners within Outlook or OWA. See the articles Adding a Shared Mailbox in Outlook and Adding a Shared Mailbox in Outlook Web App for instructions.