Changing How an Exchange Room Resource Processes Meeting Requests
Users with Full Access to a Room Resource in Exchange can manipulate how a Room Resource in the Outlook Global Address List processes Meeting Requests. Please keep in mind that these settings are for Meeting Requests only. Booking directly to the calendar for the room resource by double clicking on the calendar and creating an appointment relies on traditional calendar permissions. To manipulate calendar permissions, please see the article on how to Set Permissions on your Calendar in Outlook 2013.
- Log in to the Outlook Web App as yourself.
- Click your name in the top right hand corner just to the left of the Gear icon.
- From the context menu, choose "Open another mailbox..."
- Type the name or email address of the Room Resource or use the builtin search feature to find the Room Resource.
- Click Open.
- A new tab will open with the mailbox for the Room Resource.
- Click on the Gear icon in the new tab and select "Options."
- On the left hand column, choose "settings."
- Make your changes and click the "save" button.
Scheduling Options lets you allow or disallow conflicting meetings and/or repeating meetings. It also lets you choose whether to have the Room Resource automatically process meeting requests based on the availability of the room.
Scheduling Permissions lets you choose users and groups that have permission to schedule this resource by sending a Meeting Request