Home | Technology for Our Community | Building a Better University | Operational Excellence
UNH IT formed a new Computer Lifecycle Team in FY19 to manage the desktop computing landscape at UNH for more consistent, efficient, secure and cost-effective outcomes in the procurement and management of desktop/laptop assets.
Accomplishments in FY19 include:
- Creation of an IT Advisory Team, made up of departmental IT staff and Academic Technology Liaisons, to help with representing business needs, standards, share current practices and communication.
- Support standardized offerings of institutional computers, enforcing a UNH best practice of a baseline standard computer configuration (hardware and software) with purchase of all computers.
- Creation of the UNH Computer Purchase Program site for online institutional and personal computer, accessories, and software license purchases with educational discounts.
- Provide Vendor Relationship Management for outsourced services, and software licenses. Provide procurement consulting.
- Provide customer-facing services at IT Depot acting as customer liaison for computer repairs, consulting on procurement, and receiving of equipment.
- Identification and procurement of USNH-wide Apple device management tool, Jamf.
In FY20, UNH IT looks to:
- Lead Computer Lifecycle Governance team to investigate future technical trends and roadmaps; determine configurations; ensure compliance with procurement policy; recommend and implement a managed software maintenance methodology.
- Implement Jamf for Apple device management.
- Centrally manage deployment tools and software maintenance methodology; perform consistent software updates, patch and vulnerability management leading to mitigation of security risks.
- Asset management for laptops and desktops.