IDD instructional designers help faculty stay current in emerging educational technologies. We offer scheduled training, departmental demonstrations and workshops, self-paced online training, and online resources and documentation. We coordinate and support the Faculty Instructional Technology Summer Institute (FITSI), which takes place on the Durham campus each summer.
- Face-to-face training
- Online training and documentation
- Faculty Instructional Technology Summer Institute (FITSI)
- Outreach and focus groups
- Department demonstrations
- Customized Training
- Follow-up workshops
IDD provides direct support for a wide range of educational resources. We pilot and implement emerging technologies, work with faculty to determine their needs, and train and support faculty in new technologies as they are implemented on campus.
- MyCourses by Canvas
- Content Management
- Copyright & Fair Use
Instructional Design & Development has worked with USNH special counsel to answer some frequently asked questions about Copyright, Intellectual Property, and Fair Use when using media and other course materials online. You may view these recorded webinars below. If you have specific questions regarding these topics, please contact USNH Counsel.
Instructional Design / Faculty Consultation
IDD professionals consult with faculty on technology integration and help them meet specific instructional challenges.
- We offer hands-on desktop assistance and support.
- Develop and distribute technology-integration best practices.
- Work with faculty to integrate multimedia, enhance classroom teaching, and explore alternative formats.
- Maintain a bibliography of current literature, and explore and share information on emerging technologies.