See the knowledge base for a full list of known issues and error messages. New issues identified are:
- Reports exported or scheduled to Excel -- When you open the Excel workbook, rows might appear compress. Click here for a fast fix to the issue.
- Spinner and Slider Input Controls for variables must be designed using the Java Applet.
- Predefined Document Prompt Summary cells can only be added through the Java Applet.
If you have questions about the upgrade, or encounter any issues not resolved above, please contact the EIM Support Team at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=142 or by calling the IT Service Desk at 862-4242.
Quick Tips for Report Creators
The HTML tool released on November 18, 2018, almost eliminates the need for Java Applet. The Applet handles two known issues (see below), has gridlines, and allows you to copy a simple table from one document to another document. If you need the Applet for one of those reasons, see the Knowledge Base article, How to Use the Java Applet.
Other new features for Report Creators include:
- Settings are persistent within your session. If you turn off your Data Preview Panel in the query window, it will stay off for your session.
- You can apply subtotals where they are needed and omit them if there is only one row in the group (see KB article, Advanced Techniques for Value-Based Breaks).
- You can add descriptions to your variables.
- Calculation of elapsed time has been simplified with the DateBetween() and TimeBetween() functions (see KB article, How to Calculate Elapsed Time).
- Not only can you hide your table’s dimensions, but now you can now hide measures.
- Format multiple tables and charts at one time (see KB article about positioning tables on your report).
To learn more about these and other features, see our Creator Videos, or Creator Knowledge Base Articles.
Additional WebI Information
Login info: Clients at UNH, System Office, UNHM, UNHL and GSC will log in using their AD User ID and Password and should select "LDAP" in the Authentication menu. Clients at KSC and PSU will log in using an assigned WebI User ID and Password and need to select "Enterprise" in the Authentication menu.
- Timeouts: WebI sessions time out if there has been no activity, such as refreshing a report, for 60 minutes. You must log in again to start a new session. Open reports in an active WebI session get timed-out after 60 minutes of non-use. You will have to close the report and re-open it.
Licenses: The licensing model allows 250 people to work in WebI simultaneously. If you try to log in and 250 people are already using WebI reports, you will get a notification to try again later.
Design Mode access: If you need to edit reports (remove report tabs or modify an Excel-friendly tab), you can request access to the “Design” tool by contacting the Service Desk.
Do you need more information or do you have questions? If so, please contact the EIM team at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=142 or by calling the IT Service Desk at 862-4242.
Page last updated: April 17, 2019