What is Box @ UNH?
Box @ UNH is a service which enables you to store, collaborate and share information. Box @ UNH uses the Box.com platform; a cloud-based solution that can be accessed through any device: desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Box @ UNH makes it easy for you to upload content, organize files, share links to files and manage file and folder permissions. With Box @ UNH you can collaborate with colleagues both inside and outside the University anytime, anywhere, from any device. In addition, accounts offer unlimited storage.
Please note: For advice in choosing storage or a collaboration solution that meets your needs consult the IT Storage Offerings or contact the UNH IT Service Desk. Box @ UNH is the ONLY cloud file storage and collaboration solution that is approved for University of New Hampshire data.
Features of Box @ UNH:
- Unlimited storage! Learn more here.
- Office Online editing allows you to create and edit Office documents in Box right in your browser. See a demo here.
- Easy upload content, organize documents, sharing of files and manage file and folder permissions.
- Collaborate on documents with colleagues both inside and outside the University seamlessly anytime, anywhere from any device.
- Uploaded files are private until you decide to share them.
- Version history of your files. Up to 100 previous versions (100 most recent) are accessible.
- Deleted files are kept in the Trash folder for 30 days, you have the ability to recover deleted files/folder.
- Free plugins and apps are available from Box.com for Box at UNH users and integrates well with Microsoft Office.
- For faculty and staff, use your UNH AD username and password to log in.
- For students, use your full @wildcats.unh.edu email address to log in.
Who can use Box?
Currently Box @ UNH is available to all active UNH students, faculty, and staff.
What data can I store on Box @ UNH?
View the data classification chart, which explains what types of data may be stored on Box @ UNH.
For more information, please see the USNH Data Classification Model. If you have questions regarding the USNH Data Classification Model, contact UNH IT Security Services at https://itsupport.unh.edu/itsec/.
How do I get it?
What add-ons are available?
UNH IT recommends all Box users take advantage of Box Edit. This add-on can be installed directly from Box.com.
For more information and to download Box Edit, click here.
How can I add Box as a mapped drive on my computer?
Learn more about Box Drive including installation instructions.