Cybersecurity & Networking (CS&N) recommends employees take the following actions:
Learn How to Protect Yourself from Phishing Attacks
- Check out The Phishbowl which provides a self-service option for checking to see if an email you received is a known phishing email. Legitimate University communications that have been reported as phishing are also posted here.
- Visit the Phishing Awareness section of USNH Cybersecurity & Networking website.
Help Keep the University Secure
- Review the USNH Information Classification Policy and discuss what kind of data you have access to and what precautions are required in regards to that data, with your manager or supervisor.
- Ensure you know how to Handle Data with Care and follow these best practices for safeguarding institutional information .
- USNH Cybersecurity & Networking is available to assist in responding to and investigating events and incidents that may have information security implications. Use the CS&N Incident Reporting process to report all security concerns.
Protect Your Device(s)
- Learn about your options for anti-malware/anti-virus software at UNH and ensure you have anti-malware software installed on your device(s).
- Using a Windows device?
- Use these instructions to determine if Your Windows Device is Being Automatically Updated
- Learn about Windows Configuration Management and how this service can ensure your computer is automatically receiving Operating System updates
- Encrypt institutional laptops or other devices that are used to process, store, or manage restricted data using USNH's Enterprise Encryption service
- Follow CS&N's Tips for Keeping Devices Secure
Protect Yourself and Your Accounts
- Set and maintain a strong password.
- Use a Password Manager
- Follow ISS’s recommendations on Good Security Practices at Work/School and at Home.
- Know the Signs Your Account has been Compromised.
Stay Informed about Information Security at UNH
- Visit the USNH ET&S Homepage and locate the section where Service Announcements are posted. This is also where you can find Security Alerts and Outage Notifications.